What You Need to Know About Workers' Compensation
If you have been hurt at work and are unable to do your job as a result, it is important to take the necessary steps toward getting the full workers' compensation benefits you deserve. The first step, before signing away your rights, is getting in touch with an experienced workers' compensation lawyer from the law firm of Davidson, Breen & Doud, P.C.
Since 1968, our attorneys have been providing injured workers in Michigan with aggressive representation. We have strong community and political ties and are trusted by labor leaders around the state to aggressively pursue their employees' workers' compensation claims.
If you've been injured, our experience could make the difference in your case. To discuss your options for securing full workers' compensation benefits in a free consultation, contact us today. To help you better, we have offices throughout the Metro Detroit area, including Saginaw, Flint, Lansing, Pontiac, and Grand Rapids.
What Should You Do?
There are a number of important things you need to do after you have been injured such as:
- Contact an experienced attorney from our firm
- Report your injury as soon as possible to your employer
- Seek medical attention and get your treatment on the record
- Tell a medical professional about any symptoms you have
What Should You Not Do?
Just as important as what you should do, there are a number of things you should avoid doing, including:
- Giving a recorded statement to an insurance company
- Seeing an insurance company doctor before seeing one of our lawyers
- Releasing your records
- Signing off on your injuries without being compensated
Free initial consultation. For answers to your workers' compensation questions, call 810-471-3130 or toll free 888-312-6511 for a free consultation.